Residential Clinical Director – JSDD
INTRODUCTION: New and exciting career opportunity for a Behavior Analyst (BCBA) who will provide clinical leadership for residents and staff of JSDD residential sites. The individual in this position will develop meaningful programming for residents; train, supervise, and evaluate staff on clinical and professional performance; and ensure compliance with state agency regulations and best practice standards. The is a professional, full-time position (but JSDD will consider a highly qualified part time employee).
Clinical & Professional Leadership
- Create an environment that is supportive of participants’ needs and that uses evidence-based practices for intervention purposes.
- Serve as a model for clinical intervention provision that emphasizes positive and best practices based on behavioral strategies.
- Develop planned and meaningful activities and intervention strategies to ensure resident progress and enjoy high-quality life experiences in the residence and in the community.
- Develop residents’ treatment plans, as well as supervise Behavior Technicians to implement such plans.
- Develops residents’ daily and weekly schedules in alignment with intervention goals.
- Provide professional development through hands-on training experiences, staff meetings, and workshop trainings.
- Regularly provide timely performance feedback to staff on clinical and professional issues.
- Motivate and inspire confidence and best practices in clinical staff.
- Maintain high level of competency and expertise; consistently strive for excellence; serve as a role model to staff for continuing skill development.
- Establish and convey an expectation of clinical accountability, transparency, integrity, and effectiveness to all staff and families.
- Work as a collaborative team member.
- Maintain high visibility in intervention settings, ensuring regular interaction with staff and residents during all scheduled shifts.
- Seek out and engage all pertinent stakeholders (including parents, guardians, siblings, and staff members) to obtain input, answer questions, and resolve challenges.
- Develop functional and reliable data collection activities; train and evaluate staff with respect to regular data collection and analysis to ensure resident progress
- Maintain an open-door policy, addressing all staff questions or concerns regarding any aspect of any clinical operation or initiative.
- Interface regularly with House Manager and Executive Director to ensure a positive team-approach and best-practice model.
- Interact regularly with Behavioral Consultants to the program to problem solve and advance the residential and community support programs.
- Regularly engage and communicate with parents, guardians, siblings, and support coordinators to ensure their ongoing involvement in goal development, programming and residential and community activities.
- Ensure compliance with ethical standards in intervention by all staff (based on the Behavior Analyst Certification Board Ethical Standards Code).
- Recruits and interview staff for the residential program.
- Cooperate with all JSDD and Department of Human Services inspections or investigations.
- MA degree and BCBA certification by the Behavior Analyst Certification Board preferred. Individuals who have a BA degree and experience in the fields of Applied Behavior Analysis and Autism Intervention or who are actively enrolled in a MA or BCBA Certificate Program will be considered on an individual basis.
- If the candidate is BCBA certified, the individual must meet all CEU requirements and maintain the BCBA credential in alignment with the Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB) standards.
- Demonstrate prior training and clinical experience in providing applied behavior analytic intervention strategies to adults; experience with autism spectrum disorders preferred.
- This position is considered a leadership role and the ideal candidate must have analytical skills necessary to synthesize a variety of clinical and social data to determine appropriate intervention plans and monitor effectiveness of treatment programs.
- Positive and passionate demeanor and willingness to work with a team of professionals to ensure positive experiences for the residents.
- Be willing to maintain a flexible schedule, including evenings, overnights, and weekends at various times to ensure consistency in programming across all shifts and staff members.
Salary commensurate with experience, credentials, full/part time.
Resumes can be emailed to Lalvarez@jsddmetrowest.org