Family Services Coordinator
This position is responsible for overseeing the operations of person-centered programs that allow for the acquisition of functional skills leading to increased independent community participation for the individuals served. Responsible for providing direct supervision to the In-Home Supports Managers and oversight for the In-Home Supports and Independent Supports Program Direct Support Professionals.
Essential Job Functions:
• Responsible for the overall daily operations and all aspects of the In-Home and Independent Supports Programs, directly supervising Case Managers.
• Assures program compliance with new and existing plans by providing oversight and participating in the development of the Individual Service Plan (ISP).
· Serves as an active member of the individuals’ interdisciplinary team (IDT).
• Maintains regular, professional communications with families, support coordinators and others involved with the individuals enrolled in services.
• Provides a positive and energetic on-site orientation for all newly hired employees.
• Supports and ensures the continuous development of new and existing staff in the quality delivery of services.
• Participates in the referral and intake process for new enrollments and promotes the benefits of the program.
• Ensures that daily progress notes and attendance records are completed in the EHR system (Therap), sharing findings to case managers.
• Monitors the EHR in Therap to ensure complete and quality documentation; supports staff development efforts as needed.
• Participates in QA audits and follows through on related QA assignments for compliance purposes.
• Monitors individuals progress making updates as necessary; completes progress reports as required by management.
• Approves records, T-logs for Payroll and Medicaid billing purposes and provides support as needed in the absence of the Case Manager.
• Reviews and approves case notes for the In-Home Supports staff in the absence of the Case Manager.
• Conduct monthly supervision with Case Managers to ensure continued quality of services.
• Collaborates with the Directors of Human Resources and Quality Assurance on training and regulatory compliance issues.
• Works closely with Quality Assurance in developing policies and procedures for all service programs.
• Responsible for internal interactions with management and staff as well as external interactions with individuals, families/advocates, providers, and State Representatives.
• Completes Quality Assurance reviews as needed.
• Performs other related job duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in related field necessary.
· Minimum of one 3-5 years’ experience working directly with persons with developmental disabilities.
· Must be 21 years of age or older.
· Must be willing to work flexible hours, including occasional weekend and/or evening hours.