Date: March 21 and 22, 2024
Location: Resorts Hotel and Casino, Atlantic City, NJ
Historically, NJACP held its Annual Conference each Fall. Then, in 2020, when COVID hit, the conference was suspended. The decision was made earlier this year that it is time to hold our in-person annual conference again, and we originally scheduled a November conference. But times have changed since 2019. NJACP has increased its event and training schedule in the Fall (now offering Heroes, An Executive Forum, Documentation and Supervisor trainings – none of which existed before COVID). SHA has moved its conference up to November (from December). There is also a new virtual conference (Self-Direction Conference) that did not exist in 2019. So, after much thought and discussion, while NJACP believes we would have a successful November conference, we think the conference would be even stronger if we pushed it to its new timeframe – Spring! So, NJACP has made the decision to permanently move its Annual Conference from the Fall to the Spring.
NJACP will hold its first in person conference since 2019 on March 21 and 22, 2024! We are excited to be back with an in-person conference, at Resorts Hotel and Casino in Atlantic City. And so much is being planned for our “Return to Conference.”
We are determined to make out first conference back a memorable one, filled with insightful break-out sessions on current topics of interest to all those who serve the I/DD community, while providing plenty of opportunities for our attendees to network, enjoy the in-person experience again, and have a GREAT time!
A big part of our conference will be the Award luncheon on Friday where we will present our NJACP Awards! Celebrating members in our community through our annual awards, The NJACP Leadership Award and The Donna Clinger Award is one of the best things about the conference. These two awards recognize staff members that have demonstrated an exceptional commitment to their organization and work tirelessly to support our consumers.
With the new conference dates, comes an opportunity to submit a nomination if you were unable to do so for the November conference. I encourage each member agency to consider nominating one employee for each award. Here is the 2024 nomination packet. Information regarding the selection process has also been included to assist members in providing the best representation of their nominee. Both winners and nominees will be recognized at the Award luncheon on Friday, March 22, 2024.
The deadline for submission is Friday, February 2, 2024. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at the coordinates below.
A sneak peak at some conference details …..
The conference will be held over two days.
- On Thursday, 3/21/2024:
- Registration will open at 9 a.m. A continental breakfast/coffee break set-up will be in the Exhibit Hall, which is also the location of registration.
- At 11 a.m., we will hold a casual networking lunch prior to our plenary session, which will include NJACP’s Annual Business Meeting and two speakers.
- Following the plenary will be an afternoon refreshment break.
- The afternoon session will include a panel discussion (topic will be released as we get closer), and a limited number of break-out sessions.
- Our Network Cocktail Reception will be held starting at 4:15 in the Exhibit Hall.
- Our Thursday evening Dinner and Event will begin at 5:30 (The event is a surprise for a few more weeks!) The evening will wrap up around 9 – 9:30 p.m.
- On Friday, 3/22/2024:
- Registration opens at 7 a.m. in the Exhibit Hall with a continental breakfast.
- Break-out sessions begin at 8:30 a.m.
- Coffee break will be in the exhibit hall from 10:30 -11 a.m.
- The last round of break-out sessions begins at 11, and wraps at 1 p.m.
- The Conference Award luncheon will be held from 1 – 3 p.m.
More information will be released over the next several weeks…. Please stay tuned!
CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS
If anyone in your organization would like to submit a topic for presentation at the annual conference, please share the attached information….
2024 Call for Presentations
2024 Conference Speaker Application
ADVERTISER, EXHIBITOR AND SPONSORHIPS
If your organization would like to be an advertiser, exhibitor or sponsor of the Annual Conference, please email email@example.com to receive a copy of the AES brochure when it becomes available the week of October 28th.
If you have any questions on any area of the conference – please do not hesitate to reach out to me.