The 2022 NJACP DSP Heroes Recognition Award
About the Award
NJACP and its members have always been keenly aware of the importance of DSPs and the important role they play in the lives of individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. With the onset of the COVID-19 Pandemic in the spring of 2020, it quickly became obvious that our direct care staff were regularly demonstrating heroic levels of selflessness and compassion on the job as they provided care for the individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities they served.
NJACP and its members decided to celebrate and honor Direct Support Professionals at a special virtual event during DSP week in September 2020. The NJACP DSP Heroes Recognition Award came to be. It was such a positive and uplifting event. And as the pandemic persisted, stories of the endless selfless efforts of DSPs to provide support for those in their care across the state continued to be heard. During an unprecedented and dark time in history, they were beacons. With the dedication, endless sacrifices and enduring commitment of Direct Support Professionals, DSP’s everywhere continue to prove every day that they really are Heroes. 2022 marks the 3rd year the award will be given.
This year, NJACP is delighted to celebrate one staff member in a Direct Support Role from our various member agencies who has truly gone above and beyond the call of duty. While many DSPs are all deserving, each agency has been limited to one nomination.
NJACP would like to thank the following Sponsors for their generosity to the DSP Heroes event:
Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health NJ (the event platform sponsor) ● Enable NJ (the digital program sponsor)
Avidd Community Services of NJ ● Department for Persons with Disabilities, Diocese of Paterson ● Elwyn NJ ● Quality Management Services, Inc.
Eden Autism Services ● JESPY House ● Jewish Service for the Developmentally Disabled of Metrowest, Inc. ● The P.I.L.O.T. Services
Alternatives, Inc. ● Everas Community Services ● Tarrytown Expocare Pharmacy ● The Occupational Training Center of Burlington County
NJACP would also like to thank the following advertisers:
21 Plus, Inc. ● Allies, Inc. ● Alternatives Inc. ● Arlington Heritage Group ● Avidd Community Services of NJ ● Bancroft ● Beacon (Keystone Community Services) ● Butler Human Services ● DCM Associates ● Delta T Group ● Department for Persons with Disabilities, Diocese of Paterson ● Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health NJ ● Eden Autism ● Elwyn NJ ● Enable Inc. ● Everas Community Services ● eVero Corporation ● Interstate Fleet Services ● JESPY House ● Jewish Service for the Developmentally Disabled of Metrowest NJ ● Kelsch Associates of NJ ● Matthijssen Business Systems ● Meeker Sharkey & Hurley ● Mercadien ● Midland Adult Services ● MobilityWorks ● NJ Institute for Disabilities ● Oaks Integrated Care ● Primepoint HRMS & Payroll ● Quality Management Associates ● Relias ● ResCare ● Rue Insurance ● Schenck, Price, Smith & King, LLP ● Staples ● SERV Achievement Centers ● Tarrytown Expocare Pharmacy ● The Occupational Training Center of Burlington County ● The P.I.L.O.T. Services.
And lastly, NJACP values the continued support of its Strategic Partners, whose generosity makes not only this event possible, but supports all of NJACP’s events, and helps make webinars and other training possible:
Arlington Heritage Group ● Butler Human Services ● DCM Associates ● Delta T Group ● eVero Corporation ●Interstate Fleet Services ● Matthijssen Business Systems ● Meeker Sharkey & Hurley ● Mercadien ● MobilityWorks ● Relias ● Rue Insurance ● Schenck, Price, Smith & King, LLP ● Staples ● Tarrytown Expocare Pharmacy
Thank-you to everyone who submitted a video for this event:
Kaylee McGuire, Deputy Commissioner, DHS
Jonathan Seifried, DHS Assistant Commissioner, DDD
M. Teresa Ruiz, NJ Senate Majority Leader (D-29)
Lou Greenwald, Assembly Majority Leader (D-6)
State Senator Joe Vitale (D-19)
Dan Benson, Assemblyman (D-14
State Senator Bob Singer (R-30)
To download the ad show, click here.
To download the event recording, click here.
To download the digital program, click here.
NJACP 2022 Heroes
- Frank Bresnick, JESPY House
- Mattie Byrd, Allies NJ
- Desidee Calderon, Bancroft
- Allison Cortese, 21 Plus, Inc.
- Lashanda Dennis, Beacon Specialized Living
- Henry Duah, ResCare Inc.
- Stanley Duo, Enable, Inc.
- Linda Hagan, Abilities of Northwest Jersey, Inc.
- Patriece Harris, Oaks Integrated Care
- Bernadette Joseph, Kelsch Associates
- Prospero Kpordze, SERV Achievement Center
- Noel Lacanlale, SCHI Disability Services
- Barbara Marrow, Partnerships for the People, Inc.
- Christopher Mevs, Midland Adult Services
- Nacole Moore, Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health NJ
- Stefania Nagy, Delta Community Supports
- Deaisha Nelson, Elwyn NJ
- Lakita Paige, Jewish Service for the Developmentally Disabled (JSDD)
- Jennifer Raymond, AVIDD Community Services of NJ
- Valerie Riley, The P.I.L.O.T. Services
- Louise Root, Broadstep
- Queyenda Sally, Everas Community Services
- Maria Saravia, Department for Persons with Disabilities, Diocese of Paterson
- Brandon Scott, Eden Autism Inc.
- Veronica Solorzano, Legacy Treatment Services
- Lavonna Stanley, Quality Management Associates NJ
- David Weiskopf, The Occupational Training Center of Burlington County
- Elizabeth Woods, Alternatives Inc.
- Charlene Young, JEVS Human Services